06 Oct 2021 | News
Automated Traffic Signal Performance Measures (ATSPMs) became more popular in the United States through the Every Day Counts- 4 Innovations. ATSPMs consist of logging high-resolution data from modern traffic signal controllers utilizing the Indiana Traffic Signal Hi Resolution Data Logger Enumerations for data analysis and to proactively identify and correct any deficiencies if they exist.
Some ell-known benefits of an ATSPM program include:
1. Improving traffic signal operations
2. Quicker response time to citizen concerns
3. Evaluation of advanced traffic signal control technologies
4. Transformation Management Center (TMC) Operations
5. Planning selection process of improvement (modernization / expansion) projects
Since ATSPMs are more widely used, the next question that comes up is, “How can we fuel new innovation for ATSPMs?” The answer to this question should be driven by most of the users of the system. To accomplish this, a survey link was sent to ITE members along with known users of ATSPMs to address fundamental questions.
Click here to read the full case study, originally published in YgsGroup.com